I have been working in the Law Enforcement field for my entire adult life. One of the things that I learned all too well very early on was that the duty gear that I had to purchase for myself was not always inexpensive…as a matter of fact, what I could afford was flat out cheap sometimes. Not just in price, but in quality. If I wanted QUALITY, I had to pay for it.
Some Police Officers have the luxury that their departments will provide them with the gear that they need. But this is not always the case. There are approximately 550,000 sworn officers in this country and many of them must work long, extra hours just to make ends meet.
Corrections Officers have it worse than Police Officers, when it comes down to gear and pay, but better than Security Officers. Working in corrections, you have approximately 200,000 correctional officers keeping over 2 million convicted felons, many of them extremely dangerous, incarcerated. Many of these officers either can not afford to buy their duty gear or are provided with the bare minimum as “shared” equipment while on shift that breaks down and is seldom replaced due to budget constraints.
As for Security Officers, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were approximately 1.1 million Security Officers and Gaming Surveillance Officers in the United States in 2008. A great majority of these officers are paid very little for what they do for the community. They protect our banks, housing areas, transport our money (armored car companies), etc. On the average, these officers sit at the cusp of making too much for public assistance (even while working) yet not enough to be able to provide adequately for their families.
This is where YOU and I come in. Our Mission at Dydrostorm is very simple:
- To provide Law Enforcement/Corrections/Security and members of our Military with QUALITY gear that they can afford on their very limited budget while NEVER sacrificing their safety.
I have been in communication with a well known manufacturer in the Law Enforcement duty gear arena who provides, and has provided brands such as Uncle Mike’s, Safariland and Bianchi with their equipment and products. They have been willing to work with me and give me a great price for the following gear:
- Triple Retention Duty Belt: This type of belt affords the wearer the maximum amount of protection when it comes to safety mechanisms. The likelihood of this type of belt coming off while in the performance of strenuous duty is very unlikely even if one of the belt clips breaks. 5-part laminate construction for extra strength; Ballistic weave fabric and nylon loop lining; High density, internal polymer stiffener for added holster support; Lightweight; 2.25″ belt width with heavy duty polymer Tri-Release buckle.
- Molded Belt Keepers: A must when wearing a duty belt. It will keep your duty belt attached to your waist belt under all normal circumstances.
- Molded Handcuff Case: This handcuff case will fit most styles of handcuffs including ASP Handcuffs.
- Molded O.C. Case: This will be available in either the MK3 (also fits the MK-2 and MK-6) or MK4 (your choice)
- Silent Key Holder: Securely keeps your keys attached to your belt without the “jingle” that gives away your position.
- Universal Radio Holder: This radio holder is excellent for individuals that work for agencies with different brands of radios. The adjustable straps provide a snug fit regardless of the shape of the radio. Fits most police, fire and business-band radios; Nylon web and Velcro construction adjusts the height, width and depth of the case to fit your specific needs;
- Latex Glove Pouch: Working in this field it is imperative that you always carry disposable gloves with you. You never know when you are going to come into contact with body fluids.
- Closed Flashlight Case: Designed to keep most compact flashlights secured to your duty belt without damaging them. Small (Available in four sizes to fit most compact lights), Molded closure design secures and protects light, Hidden snap for clean look that reduces glare, Fits 2 1/4″ duty belt.
- Kevlar Tactical Gloves: This is a must for anyone working in the Corrections/Police/Security/Military field. Made from drum dried cowhide and Suede leather; Rubber padding on the knuckles, finger and on the front of the palm; Synthetic gripped material patch on the front of the palm; Cut resistant, flame resistant and slash proof Kevlar Lining (Du Pont); Velcro closure strap.
Now having bought these items through different stores/websites over the years, I can tell you that you will pay over $200 easily for all these items. It is because of this “total” price that I was never able to do it all at once and had to buy them a little at a time.
Now you may not be very familiar with this type of program so here is a brief description:
“1. RocketHub is not an investment or charity. It is an exchange: funds from fans for rewards from me.
2. It’s an All & More funding mechanism: if I don’t reach my financial goal I get to keep what I raise. But if I do reach my goal, I get access to exciting opportunities.”
That is the reason why I am looking for your help. Together we can help our Public Safety Officials get what they need…but most importantly, what they deserve.
You can support this project in one of 3 ways:
1. For $25, you will get a pair of Kevlar Tactical Gloves. Once these come out on the market, they will have a retail price of between $39.99-$44.99.
2. For $50, you will receive:
- Triple Retention Duty Belt ($29.99-$34.99)
- Belt Keepers ($9.99)
- Handcuff Case ($15.99)
- OC Case ($13.99/MK3; $15.99 MK4)
- Latex Glove Pouch ($11.99)
- Silent Key Holder ($9.99)
- Universal Radio Case ($19.99-$24.99)
- Flashlight Case ($17.99)
3. For $75, you will receive both numbers 1 and 2. The whole shebang, the whole kit & kaboodle, THE ENTIRE PACKAGE OF GLOVES AND DUTY BELT/ACCESSORIES. This is a total Retail Price of $169.91-$186.91.
You will be able to choose your glove size (XS-3XL), OC Case (MK3 or MK4) and your duty belt size (26″-30″, 32″38″,40″-44″, 46″-50″)
Any money that is received over the our goal will be used for even more equipment. We are striving to become one of the premier suppliers of law enforcement gear in the country. Some people may think that this goal is unattainable or impossible. I would love to disagree with those people. For those that know me well, they know that when someone tells me that something can not be done, I show them how it can be done. It just may take a little longer.
As you can see, this is not a short term goal for us. We are in it for the long haul.
Here is the best part, I am not going to limit it to individuals only. If you love Airsoft, it can also be used for that as well! The opportunities are endless with who can use it!
This is open to individuals as well as companies that are looking to either add to their inventory or just upgrade what they have.
Like I said before, I want to help protect those that protect us. We depend on them. Their families depend on them. Let’s not make them have to choose between their safety and their family.
For more information on Dydrostorm, please visit us at http://www.dydrostorm.com and click on “about us.”
Please watch the video for a brief description of these donation opportunities as well as pictures of all the duty gear that I have described.
Please feel free to email me at dydrostormsales @gmail.com if you have ANY questions.
If for some reason our funding goal is not achieved, I will return your donation back to you. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOOSE AND EVERYTHING TO GAIN!
Pass this on to everyone you think can benefit from it!
To take advantage of this great offer click here.