Target Vision has just announced a new addition to their wireless target camera systems – the Short Range Wireless Spotting Scope. Target Vision is a Texas company with a mission to produce 21st Century target tracking tools, especially for precision rifle applications.
With the Target Vision Wireless Spotting Camera the shooter can receive real-time shot placement images on their laptop, tablet, or smart phone. The Short Range scope is designed for recording and transmitting images from short ranges out to 300 yards, meeting the operational and training range needs of most police snipers.
The camera is placed around 10-15 feet from the target, and slightly off set from the shot angle to reduce the risk of shot or ricochet damage. The shooter then logs into the WiFi network to open the Target Vision app. Once in the app is open the shooter is able to aim the camera for the perfect view. That’s it! You’re ready to shoot and receive.
The shooter and up to 9 more device users can then wirelessly receive video feedback to their electronic device of choice. This allows the shooter to remain in a fairly consistent shooting position, and make real-time adjustments from the data received on their device screen.
In addition, a Target Vision App for both Apple and Android products provide the following high-tech recording options:
- Multiple viewers allowed (up to 10 devices)
- Create shooting sessions for different shooters or shooting conditions
- Live camera view
- Shot recognition and tracking
- Shot numbering and grouping while still on the firing line
- Recording and snapshot abilities
- Social media sharing options
- Battery life up to 16 hours
- USB port to allow your device to stay charged
- Weather resistant
- Drop resistant
- 1-year warranty on manufacturer defects
- MSRP – $595
- (Includes Short Range Scope, Fully adjustable Tri-Pod, and 12V DC Battery/charger pack)
Imagine the benefit of being able to remain in your shooting position during the entire shooting session, while collecting up-close and detailed shot placement information. Information that can be grouped, catalogued, and stored for quick reference at a later time. As a police sniper this system has a lot to offer at a reasonable price, though I would repaint the scope!
In years past, shooters would fire at a target and use high power spotting scopes to attempt to track the shots. If a spotting scope wasn’t available shooters would have to fire and walk to the target to get exact adjustment data. That data could then be recorded in a D.O.P.E. book so the shooter could dial in their shots for maximum precision. That data could then be referred to at a later date under similar shooting conditions so the shooter would know exactly what kind of scope adjustments needed to be made to maintain accuracy.
Today, Target Vision has a way to record the information in real-time and store it digitally on the device of your choice. No more hand-written notes and shot placements in a paper log book. The information can now be digitally stored and transferred in a more secure manner.
Target Vision Long Range Spotting Camera
The first product Target Vision developed was their Long Range Spotting Camera. The technological advancements developed by Target Vision allow long-range shooters to view even .17 HMR shots from up to a mile away under the right conditions! The Long Range Spotting Camera also comes with a WiFi receiver for the longer ranges, and a custom made Pelican storage case.
The Long Range Spotting Camera has an MSRP of $895.
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- Patrol Car Emergency Lights Can be a Seizure: U.S. v. Gaines (10th Cir., 2019) - April 14, 2019
- Lawrence, Kansas Police Shooting: Taser Lessons Learned - April 3, 2019
- Winchester Releases RANGER ONE LE Ammo! - March 13, 2019
- CRKT Foresight Review - February 11, 2019
- Police FNS-40 Long Slide Pistols Reportedly Accidentally Discharging! - February 9, 2019