Sig Sauer entered into the ammunition market a few years ago, under the brand name of Elite Performance Ammunition. Sig Sauer has now partnered with famed bullet maker Sierra, to introduce a new line of Elite Performance Ammunition using Sierra V-Crown bullets. This announcement adds incredible weight to Sig Sauer’s move into the ammunition market, and I am very interested in finding out how well the V-Crown rounds shoot.
Sierra, “The Bulletsmiths”, began in 1947 in California. As political pressure on the firearms market increased in the Bear State, Sierra relocated to the heartland of America, Sedalia, Missouri, in 1990. With nearly 70 years of bullet manufacturing experience, Sierra has held and maintained a high standing in the industry for many years. Using the most advanced manufacturing processes available, Sierra makes outstanding bullets from .204 to .500 caliber. The Federal Gold Medal Match, using the Sierra 168-grain BTHP is considered by many to be the most accurate .308 round in the world.
SIG Sauer Sierra V-Crown Bullets
Sierra Bullets has partnered with SIG Sauer to bring you the ultimate defense bullet line delivering optimal weight retention, on-target energy, and expansion at all effective distances combined with Sierra’s world-renowned accuracy. The line features a stacked hollow point bullet design with additional hollow point cavity.
Models 9924, 9925, 9465, 9820 will have a cannelure halfway up the shank that locks the jacket to the core ensuring maximum weight retention and terminal expansion.
SIG V-Crown Jacketed Hollow Features:
- Stacked hollow point bullet design with additional hollow point cavity
- Unique toothed cannelure half way up shank ensures maximum weight retention and terminal expansion
- DUCTA-BRIGHT 7A™ coated brass cases provide enhanced lubricity, superior corrosion resistance, and reliable feeding and extraction
- Low flash propellant
- V-shaped jacket skives and scores provide controlled, uniform expansion.
SIG V-Crown Calibers:
- .380 Auto
- .38 Spl.
- 9 mm
- .38 Super +P
- .357 SIG
- .357 Mag
- .40 S&W
- 10 mm
- .44 Spl.
- .44 Mag
- .45 Auto
- .45 Colt.
SIG V-Crown MSRP (2016):
- Model #9990 – $24.46
- Model #9924 – $26.04
- Model #9925 – $26.42
- Model #9465 – $32.75
- Model #9820 – $34.80.
SIG Sauer continues to impress with their firearm offerings, including what could become the new FBI duty pistol. The addition of their own line of ammunition seems to be a move that many manufacturers seem are venturing into, including Colt, and Ruger.
It will be interesting to see if the Elite Performance line will gain traction in a highly competitive market, but I believe the addition of the Sierra V-Crown bullets makes a very strong impression into SIG Sauer’s commitment to this line.
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- RMA Armament Adds New Level III+ Armor Plates - November 11, 2018
- SIG Sauer Academy Adds Pistol Mounted Optics Instructor Course - November 9, 2018
- Strike Industries Viper Enhanced AR-15 Pistol Grip - November 7, 2018
- BolaWrap™ 100 Police “Lasso Gun” Less Lethal Device - November 2, 2018
- Otis Tactical Cleaning Kit - October 17, 2018