Safariland has just announced the release of their new GLS Pro-Fit Model 575 Inside-the-waistband (IWB) holster. This new addition to the GLS Pro-Fit series of holsters will surely be a welcomed one, especially for CCW permit holders who often prefer the most concealed method of carrying their handguns.
At the 2015 SHOT Show Safariland introduced the GLS Pro-Fit Model holsters to the market. BlueSheepDog was privileged to be one of a few dozen specially invited guests to the press conference. Famed holster developer Bill Rogers provided attendees with a run down of the key design features of his new holster, and then each attendee was able to take a holster home for product review and reporting.
Safariland GLS Pro-Fit Holsters
BlueSheepDog was able to take home the GLS 578 paddle holster. We reported on the incredible features of the GLS 578, including an intuitive Level II locking system and release, and the ability to adjust the holster’s retention feature to fit over 100 handguns from dozens of manufacturers. The GLS stands for Grip Locking System, and we found it to be an excellent design, that can be mastered rather quickly. Safariland was shooting for the moon, and may have reached their mark.
The ability to have one CCW, or off-duty holster for most of the different handguns a shooter owns, is an incredible savings in money and storage space. In addition, it allows the shooter to become very comfortable with the security features, developing critical muscle memory to draw their handgun without delay when that critical moment arrives.
The GLS Pro-Fit Holsters now include:
- Model 575 – IWB (*NEW*)
- Model 576 – Hi-ride belt loop
- Model 577 – Standard-ride belt loop
- Model 578 – Paddle/belt combo (the version BSD tested)
- Model 579 – Belt clip.
Safariland GLS Pro-Fit Model 575 IWB
The new GLS Pro-Fit Model 575 IWB is the answer many CCP holders have been waiting for. The GLS™ Pro-Fit 575 IWB Holster brings a new concealable model into Safariland’s GLS Pro-Fit holster series. This model provides a compact, inside-the-waistband alternative for concealment carry.
The original line of GLS Pro-Fit holsters were all designed for outside the waistband carry. Many CCP holders prefer to go as concealable as possible, and look to holsters that can be carried inside the waistband (IWB). The Model GLS Model 575 is the answer to that demand, and will offer owners up to 137 different firearms for carry. That is just amazing, and cannot be discounted when looking for the perfect CCW or off-duty holster.
Safariland GLS Pro-Fit Model 575 IWB Features
- Firearm Compatibility: Currently fits 137 different models
- Carry Preference: Compact design with J-Hook, fully adjustable for cant and position
- Belt Sizes: Adjustable J-Hook for belts 1.0″ to 1.75″ wide
- Deep Conceal: Low-cut design ensures IWB concealment
- Padded Inserts: Attach to bottom, inside of holster pushing top of holster against body
- Smooth Draw: Level II Grip Locking System (GLS) is easily manipulated for quick draw
- Smooth Material: Made with SafariSeven™, a proprietary non-abrasive nylon blend
- Security: Patented Grip Locking System™ (GLS), for Level II retention
- Draw: After releasing the GLS lever, firearm can be drawn in proper shooter’s grip
- Comfort: Adjustable padded inserts for inside portion of holster
- MSRP: $50.00.
As we have previously written on the GLS Pro-Fit Model 578, the BlueSheepDog Crew can highly recommend this new series of holsters from Safariland. The GLS series holsters are made with the quality, durability, and function expected of Safariland, and the addition of the Level II grip safety retention is an incredible bonus for any user – civilian or law enforcement.
The GLS Pro-Fit series of holsters are historic improvements in holster designs. Instead of following the traditional model of manufacturing around a single firearm or firearm family, Safariland went above and beyond to develop a holster that can serve over 100 firearms with just a minor adjustment of the tension screws. This feature alone cannot be understated, as a firearm owner can now buy one holster to serve almost all of their handgun needs. The ability to develop muscle memory of a holster’s retention devices, and then carry that memory over from one handgun to another, is an amazing advancement.
In our previous article we mentioned it takes a little time to get used to gripping the holstered handgun firmly to release the GLS safety lever, and not allowing the GLS safety lever to interfere with the shooter’s natural draw. The GLS lever is designed to move forward and out of the shooter’s grip for drawing when a proper grip is established on the holstered handgun. Initially a shooter may hesitate, or inadvertently place their hand further back on the pistol’s grip thinking the lever is a solid part of the holster, blocking them from a better grip. However, with just a few hours of practice this new system can easily be mastered to the point the shooter will barely even notice their finger coming into contact and releasing the GLS safety lever.
Priced very competitively, we are confident that if you choose the GLS Pro-Fit you will be very happy with your selection.
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- Winchester Releases RANGER ONE LE Ammo! - March 13, 2019
- CRKT Foresight Review - February 11, 2019
- Police FNS-40 Long Slide Pistols Reportedly Accidentally Discharging! - February 9, 2019
- SHOT Show 2019: Winchester Adds USA Ready Training Ammunition - February 1, 2019
- SHOT Show 2019: C-Products Defense Stainless Steel DURAMAG™ - January 30, 2019