Elite Tactical Systems (ETS) continues to expand their advanced polymer magazine offerings, with their new Glock 22 magazine. We have previously written on the Elite Tactical Systems (ETS) alternative Glock magazines. From our first post, to our review of the ETS Glock 9mm magazines at SHOT Show this year, we have been very impressed with the quality of manufacturing, and the much more affordable price over standard Glock magazines.
Made from extremely durable “advanced polymer”, the ETS magazines have already garnered very positive reviews for their durability and effectiveness. Our own experiences have also been very positive.
ETS Glock Magazines
Elite Tactical Systems introduced themselves to the market by producing alternative polymer magazines for two of the most popular firearms today – the AR-15, and the 9mm Glock pistols. After a brief dispute with Magpul over their follower design, ETS made minor modifications and were ready to hit the market with full force. And the results have been very impressive. Elite Tactical Magazines have been features in several major industry publications, and so far the reviews that have come in have been very positive – including our own.
The Glock magazines are translucent, allowing the shooter to make very quick visual round count checks. Made of lightweight “advanced polymer”, the ETS magazines are touted to be so durable that it will withstand fully loaded storage over long periods of time without cracking, and are impervious to extreme heat and cold.
Our own experiences with ETS Glock magazines, though limited, were very positive. We were able to fire several 9mm Glock pistols with multiple and various sized ETS magazines. Each magazine performed flawlessly, and proved their durability from 3-4 foot drops to a concrete floor. We have no problem endorsing the Glock 9mm magazines, and look forward to being able to get our hands on the new Glock 22 magazines. As a Glock 22 user on duty, the ETS magazines will be a great addition for training and to supplement duty magazines.
ETS Glock Magazine Features
- Translucent polymer material is highly impact resistant
- Patent pending, completely integrated coupling system
- Super easy disassembly
- Specially designed grip ribs on the housing of the Glock mags
- Grip rib on our floor plate that aids in extracting our mags from a pouch
- RRS (Rapid Recognition System) colored follower and base insert pieces
- Fast and easy load recognition from any angle with see-through housing
- ETS Glock 22 Magazine MSRP: $16.99.
ETS Glock 22 Magazine Features
- ETS 16-round magazine is same size as a 15-round G22 magazine
- Fits flush in the G22
- Will fit the Glock 22, 23, and 27
- Compatible with Gen 1 through Gen 4 Glock pistols
- Compatible with Glock and aftermarket floor plates
- Easy disassembly with our specially designed base plate
- Ergonomically designed floor plate makes it easy to grab from mag pouches
Advanced Polymer Benefits
- Extreme Impact Resistance—won’t crack or break when dropped
- Very resistant to harsh chemicals
- Superior heat, cold and UV resistance – will not become brittle over time
- Translucent body—allowing you to see your ammo count and type
- Creep resistant—feed lips and body will not spread during long-term, fully loaded storage.
Personally, I am very excited to see the addition of ETS Glock 22 magazines. I have ordered (3) of the new magazines so I can do a more complete review, but I expect to find the same high quality we experienced with the 9mm Glock magazines. As ETS expands the Glock line of magazines, I would not at all be surprised to see them begin expanding into other popular firearms; such as, the 1911, and the most popular .380 pistols. That will likely just be the start.