G2 Research has just announced the release of their new Trident .308 round. The Trident will incorporate several G2 Research innovations in bullet design, and will come in the lighter 150-grain bullet weight. Though particularly designed for big game hunting, the G2 Research Trident is a cartridge with serious law enforcement sniper applications as well.
G2 Research is a relatively new ammunition manufacturer out of Georgia, but I can tell you they have made big waves in the industry after showing off the performance of their rounds at the annual SHOT Show. Basing their cartridges on an all copper bullet with aggressive side cuts, the expansion of several G2 Research bullets have been extremely impressive.
G2 Research Trident .308 Cartridge
- Quality new brass casings
- Precision primers
- Trident CNC precision made 3-petal bullet
- 150-grain bullet weight
- 2690 fps
- Suppressor safe
- MSRP: $56.99 for a box of 20.
There is an argument to be made by using a bullet that completes its energy transfer inside of the target, rather than punching through and dispelling some of its energy outside of the target. In hunting this can be beneficial, and help with dropping the animal right in its tracks. Some hunters prefer the through-and-through for an easier blood trail should tracking be necessary, but there is always a concern of bullet trajectory after leaving the animal.
G2 Research .308 Trident and Law Enforcement
G2 Research is an ammunition company to keep an eye on. We have been very impressed by their G2 Civic Duty ammunition. Whether the Trident will have the precision accuracy requirements for law enforcement is yet to be determined, but the enormous expansion and reduced over-penetration risk definitely should place them on the list to consider.
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- SIG Sauer U.S. Army M17 Hits Civilian Market - September 23, 2018
- SIG Sauer Academy Adds Covert Carry and Micro-Pistol Course - September 23, 2018
- New TRUGLO Omnia 1-4x and 1-6x AR Scopes - September 21, 2018
- ZAK Tool ZT14 Handcuff Key Review - September 12, 2018
- Browning Black Label Pandemonium Knife Review - September 9, 2018