Magpul has been a crowd pleaser at SHOT Show for many years, and they continue to produce new items to expand their market share and meet end-user needs and wants. One of the most recent additions is the MOE SL-S Carbine stock. This is an advancement on the previously successful MOE SL carbine stock, with the “S” designating this version as having a “storage” capacity. This allows a user to have either (2) [easyazon_link identifier=”B000IXCO8K” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]CR-123[/easyazon_link] or (2) [easyazon_link identifier=”B004U429ME” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]AA batteries[/easyazon_link] at the ready for any optics or lights.
The storage-capable version of the flagship [easyazon_link identifier=”B00W3A9SVM” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Magpul MOE SL[/easyazon_link]™ carbine stock, the MOE SL-S (Storage) Stock is a direct replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines. The sleek profile, dual-side release latches, and waterproof battery tubes make it the slimmest storage tube stock available.
The SL-S provides an enhanced cheek weld and true, O-ring sealed, 10m waterproof storage area desired by many, but fits it into the narrowest package possible to allow a more upright head position and minimize bulk. A rolled toe and angled rubber butt-pad are optimized for use with body armor, and an ambidextrous QD sling swivel socket is included.
A unique leaf-spring tension system provides a solid fit on mil-spec receiver extensions, with slightly less friction than the original SL. The MOE SL-S is the most intuitive, comfortable, and efficient storage stock available.
Made in U.S.A.
Magpul MOE SL-S Stock Features
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via hand-removable, o-ringed rubber plugs that are waterproof to 10 meters
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort (and perhaps better cheek weld during shooting)
- Dual-side release latch provides easy adjustment while remaining anti-snag
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Internal anti-rattle leaf spring minimizes wobble on receiver extension tube
- Rubber butt-pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Rollover on the toe allows for easier shoulder transitions and better fit when using body armor
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts:
- Rear – Integral push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5″ swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25″ sling loops
- Available Colors: Black, FDE, Stealth Gray, O.D. Green
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. The MOE SL-S will only fit with the common mil-spec tube.
MOE SL-S Carbine Stock Specifications
- Configuration: Mil-Spec
- Weight: 12.8 oz.
- Weight, w/receiver extension: 16.8 oz.
- Length, max: 7.4″
- Width, max: 2.3″
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.3″
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~11.3″
- LOP, M4 Extended: ~14.6″
- MSRP – $79.95.
- Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) M4 Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
BlueSheepDog has been a fan of many Magpul products over the years, but we do not do so lightly. We have shot rifles with [easyazon_link identifier=”B00WY7Q66Y” locale=”US” tag=”bluesheecom-20″]Magpul[/easyazon_link] products and have found them to be beneficial to the shooting experience. I have several Magpul products on my own AR-15 and really enjoy them. However, before we recommend a product to our readers we want to make sure the product meets the highest standards in the market, and can truly benefit the shooter. I believe the Magpul MOE SL-S carbine stock does just that.
The enhanced cheek weld is an excellent feature for greater cheek fit during shooting. This can be particularly beneficial during rapid fire. The ambidextrous adjustment levers are out-of-the-way, but easily reached from either side for a fast and sure adjustment to the desired position. The rubberized butt pad provides a somewhat tacky texture to assist in solid and stationary placement in the shooter’s notch, and also helps reduce felt recoil making follow-up shots easier and faster. The pre-built ambidextrous QD sling mounts are a real plus as well.
The storage tubes provide an easy way to keep your AR-15’s lights and optics running, without having loose batteries in pockets. The minimal weight is kept to the rear, where it will be supported by the shooter’s shoulder.