Massad Ayoob is teaching a 40-hour course in Worcester County, MD in August of next year. The course is being hosted by the Worcester County Sheriff’s Office and is open to all citizens and officers who legally carry/own a firearm for self defense.
Here are the key points:
- August 8 – August 11, 2013
- Massad Ayoob, lead instructor
- Worcester County SO (MD), host agency
- open to all law abiding citizens including LEOs (proof of no criminal history must be provided)
- cost: $800 tuition
- equipment needed: quality pistol, quality holster, 500 rounds of ammunition, safety equipment, good attitude (complete list of equipment here)
- point of contact: Detective Lou Esposito (443) 783-0393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- additional class information can be found at the Massad Ayoob Group page
If you are not familiar with Mas Ayoob, he is a great firearms instructor with a great deal of experience in the law enforcement and “regular guy” realms. In addition to teaching you how to get on the trigger, he is a court recognized expert on when, and when not, to shoot.
Ayoob wrote the classic book In the Gravest Extreme, which I highly recommend to anyone who owns a firearm for personal protection.