Survival Armor is a relative newcomer to the ballistic vest arena, but they bring industry experts with over 75 years of experience. One of the Survival Armor products that has grabbed my attention is their Modular Rifle Plate Carrier. American law enforcement are responding to threats from mass casualty incidents, such as Active Shooter Events (ASE), or terrorist actions. In these critical incident responses, the soft body armor meant to defeat pistol and shotgun rounds are just not enough protection.
The Survival Armor Modular Rifle Plate Carrier is a perfect means of up-armoring patrol officers or detectives, allowing them to carry out their first responder duties with more confidence and protection.
Though police specialized response teams (SWAT) have been equipping and training for these types of events for years, many agencies and commanders have failed to do the same diligence for the patrol officers who are almost always the first on the scene. In order to respond more effectively to these critical incidents, where threats from high-powered weapons are often present, departments and individual officers must consider higher ballistic protection for those patrol officers. The Survival Armor Modular Rifle Plate Carrier is one of those options with some great features.
The Crew here at BlueSheepDog are big proponents of officer safety. We highly recommend officers and agencies recognize the threats they will likely face and take the necessary steps to provide/obtain the tools and equipment to provide officers the greatest amount of protection and potential for success. Survival Armor is based in Ft. Myers, Florida and produces their vests and armor in the United States.
Survival Armor Modular Rifle Plate Carrier Features:
- Adjustable shoulders
- Front, back plate pockets (10 x 12 inch)
- Side plate pockets (6 x 8 inch)
- Protection of most vital torso areas
- Quick release tabs for plate removal and adjustment
- Padded shoulder straps
- Heavy Duty Drag Handle
- Elastic bungee adjustment
- Molle webbing for addition of magazine pouches, trauma kits, etc.
- Velcro ID patch attachments front and rear
- Compact design to avoid being too bulky
- Available Colors – Brown, Olive, Woodland Digital, Digital Tiger Stripe, 6-color Desert, Urban, 3-color Desert, Coyote, Black, Desert Digital, Universal, Multi-Cam, Subdued Urban, Woodland.
- MSRP – Must contact Survival Armor.
SA-PIII Hard Armor
The Survival Armor PIII Hard Armor plates are just one option for armor provided by Survival Armor. Weighing only 3.5 pounds, about half the weight of traditional armor plates, the PIII armor provides impressive protection up to .308 Win. One drawback is that the SA-PIII plates only come in a 10 x 12 inch straight cut (no shooter’s cut). Some may not favor their 1.15 inch thickness either, but I personally would rather have lighter plates and deal with the thickness.
- Stand Alone Level III
- 10 x 12 inches
- 3.5 pounds
- 1.15 inches thick
- MSRP – Must contact Survival Armor
The following videos from Survival Armor show the viability of their Level III hard and Level IIIA semi-rigid armor plates. These plates protect officers against many of the common rifles being used against officers today. Do any of you have experience with Survival Armor ballistic vests, plate carriers, or hard armor?
Latest posts by Aaron (see all)
- Gerber Empower Auto Knives Released - July 8, 2018
- Ameriglo Agent Night Sights Review - July 5, 2018
- Remington’s New 1911 R1 Limited Series Double-Stack - July 2, 2018
- Kershaw Faultline: A New EDC Knife - June 30, 2018
- FBI Report – Civilian Firearms Saving Lives - June 27, 2018